Friday, September 12, 2014

A Guide to Naps

I simply insist that everyone should indulge in a good nap as often as they can. I don't consider myself an expert on much but on sleeping I definitely am. Sleeping and all its variations. Seeing that it's Friday and the weekend should be about relaxing I offer my expertise on the art of napping here and for free! You can thank me after your nap.

In my research I have found that a good nap is made up of three simple and easy to follow parts.

Part I: Pre-Nap


This involves finding a suitable comfy spot where minimal disturbance would be likely to occur. Best done when no one else is around and won’t be around for a few hours. This is essentially quiet time where you switch your mind off and just relax. A nice cup of tea before the nap might be helpful here but don’t try this if you have a weak bladder, this might wake you up before you are ready. If you are a particularly popular or important individual you may want to tell people to will not be available between such and such a time. Unfortunately, we still live in a society where naps just aren't given the respect they deserve.


Part II: The Nap


This part involves napping to the best of your ability. Part I is crucial to the proper execution of this step.


Part III: Post-Nap


The nap doesn’t simply end the minute you wake up! If you get up too soon, you may end up feeling groggy and become grumpy. However, it is also important that you don’t stay in too long either. This may result in oversleeping and very similar effects to getting up too soon may occur. The best thing to do is to wake up but to lay in for a further 5-15 minutes. Just go through how you feel. Evaluate your nap – was it good? Think about what you ‘re going to eat when you get up. Some salsa and chips would be delicious. Maybe you want a chocolate milk. On a personal note because I am often tempted to stay wrapped in the warm folds of my covers, food is one of the few things that can motivate me to get up. Food and guilt. So, if someone's about to get home soon I don't want them to see I'm napping. Napping is very personal!


No comments:

Post a Comment