Sunday, April 12, 2015

Dear Prince Charming



Dear Stepmother,

I’m probably more surprised than you will be that I'm writing this letter. I've decided to leave home. Or should I say? Your home. Yesterday, I disobeyed your wishes and went to the ball. How glad I am that I did. I wore a beautiful dress and was the envy of everyone. Then I was asked to dance by Prince Charming. And as he held me in his arms I wondered, “Is this it?” Has the culmination of my life lead to this moment? I was disappointed to say the least. It didn’t feel the way I imagined it would. I wasn’t overwhelmed with happiness, I didn’t feel complete, in fact, I felt rather empty.

This is what has lead to my decision to leave. I realised that being the significant other of Prince Charming wouldn’t actually be significant, not for me anyways. I hated you for working me so hard and treating me so badly. But it dawned on me that I could actually get paid for doing what I do for free at your house. That’s exactly what I am going to do. I’ll earn money. I’ll spend it the way I choose and with whom I choose.

Best Regards,
Cinderella


ps If Price Charming shows up please tell him I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment